The city of Brewer is located 235 miles north of Boston and 133 miles north of Portland. The Penobscot River separates the City from Bangor, the third largest city in the State.
Brewer, Maine serves as the gateway to coastal communities and Acadia National Park. The city along with Bangor also serves as a trading and distribution center for the coastal areas and towns and cities to the north with the total region having a population of approximately 250,000 people.
Brewer has an area of 10,106 acres of land, bounded on the north by Eddington, on the south by Orrington, on the west by the Penobscot River and on the east by Holden.
Selected City of Brewer images:
- Eastern Manufacturing Co., Brewer
- Paper machine, Brewer, 1921
- Pulpwood work, Eastern Manufacturing Co., Brewer, 1921
- Accident report, Eastern Manufacturing Co., Brewer, 1927
- Sorting rags, Eastern Manufacturing Co., Brewer, 1921
- J.S. Ayer Store, Brewer
- Barker, Brewer, 1921
- Bobsled, Eastern Manufacturing Co.
- F. M. Stinson
- Employee reading room, Eastern Manufacturing Co., Brewer
- Log Raft on the Penobscot River
- N. G. Wilson